1. How long will my batter last?
We freeze our batter which gives it an unlimited shelf life. However, if we are shipping your batter a far distance, the weather is hot when your batter is being shipped, or if the batter sits out a long time before you receive it, it may defrost. We recommend cooking your batter within 5 days of defrosting.
2. How should I defrost my batter?
Defrost in in the refrigerator and cook within 5 days.
3. Why are some batters thick and some thin?
We use Coconut Milk for some of our batters which gives them a thicker consistency when they are cold. Rather than watering down that goodness you can choose to either scoop the thick batter onto your skillet or pan, or, if you like a thinner pancake, you can always add a bit of water and stir. Always shake or stir your batter before pouring (or scooping) & flipping.
4. My jar wasn't filled all the way. Why?
There are two reasons we purposely under-fill the mason jars:
- Wet pancake batter has baking powder and baking soda which creates a chemical reaction letting off gas, which needs some room in the jar
- Our pancake batter is loaded with chia seeds and flax seeds which expand overtime once they become wet.
- We freeze our pancake batter and need to under-fill to ensure the jars do not explode.
5. When will I receive my pancake batter?
We typically fulfill shipping orders Monday-Wednesday to ensure batter is not sitting in a hot truck over the weekend, so expect delivery any time between Tuesday and Friday the week after you order. You will receive a shipping notification from us so please keep an eye out so that your pancake batter isn't sitting out for a long time.
For local pickup orders, you can arrange to pickup at your convenience from Porter Ranch. We will let you know when the batter is ready and can be flexible with your schedule.
For local delivery, we typically deliver Wednesday-Friday.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any additional delivery questions or special requests.
6. Do you host events?
We do!!!! We do birthday parties, corporate employee appreciation pancake breakfasts, holiday events, and events for non-profits (we donate a portion of sales). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve a date.
7. Can I get my pancakes automatically delivered every day? Week? Month?
We just launched our "Pancakes Every Week" program where we will automatically send you pancakes every week as a subscription service.